Source: Primo Ceramic Grills
Yields: 12-16 servings
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Cooking Time: 3.5 hours
Recommended: 7-Quart Dutch Oven and Chicken Sitter
Serve with shredded white cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, chopped cilantro, and corn tortilla chips.
- Set up the grill for indirect cooking and heat to 350°F. Fill the chicken sitter with beer, place chicken on top and place in grill. Cook until the breast is 160°F (estimated cooking time 90 minutes). When done, remove the chicken and allow to sit uncovered for 45 minutes to cool before shredding the chicken.
- Chop the onions and garlic, heat a pan with olive oil and cook on medium heat until the onions are translucent. Stir frequently.
- Drain the beans and add to the Dutch oven along with the chicken, onion garlic mixture, and the remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the Dutch oven in the grill uncovered (still set up for indirect and at 350°F). Wait 30 minutes to add smoky flavor to the chili and cover. Allow to simmer for 90 minutes. Stir occasionally and to ensure that it is simmering. If it is boiling rapidly, reduce heat.
- Serve in a large soup bowl, top with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese, and chopped cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips on the side.