Source: Napoleon Grills
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Grill Time: 175 minutes
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Heirloom Carrots
- Preheat grill to 350°F.
- Season beef with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.
- Heat a Dutch oven or high-sided and oven safe pan (with a lid) over medium heat. Add half of the oil.
- Fry the onion until it’s golden and translucent. Move the onion to the sides of the Dutch oven and add the remaining oil.
- Sear all sides of the beef until browned.
- Add the grated garlic to the beef and onion, then add the wine, stock and sprig of rosemary. Cover with a lid and place over indirect heat on the grill. Close the grill lid and cook untouched for 2 hours.
- At the 2-hour mark, turn the grill down to 325°F. Toss the carrots with melted butter and then place them on a baking sheet. Season with salt and brown sugar. Place carrots on the grill to cook for 45 minutes.
- While the carrots cook, peel, cut and boil the potatoes. When tender, drain the water and mash potatoes with butter, milk and Greek yogurt.
- Season potatoes to taste and whip with a hand mixer.
- To serve, place a big dollop of potatoes on a plate. Add a beef rib and lay carrots over top.
- Using a spoon or ladle, carefully remove the fat from the sauce by skimming the top, then pour the sauce (free of fat) over the whole dish.