Source: Napoleon Grills
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Grill Time: 20-30 minutes
- Peel butternut squash and cut in half or into thirds. Remove the innards (like a pumpkin).
- Preheat the grill to 300 to 350°F. Over indirect heat, grill roast the squash, onions, tomatoes, and peppers until tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Cook the pancetta until it is crisp. When it’s nearly done, add the thyme.
- Transfer the pancetta to a bowl with paper towel to drain.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot.
- When the veggies are cooked, allow them to cool enough to chop. Add one onion, garlic and the squash to a blender. Season with salt and pepper, and add the chicken stock. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Over medium low heat, add the pancetta, one chopped onion, pepper and tomatoes to the pasta.
- Add the blended squash mixture and 1 cup of pecorino cheese to pasta. Stir until well combined. If the mixture is not smooth and creamy, add 1 tbsp. of reserved pasta cooking water at a time until smooth.
- Top with pecorino cheese and serve immediately.