Source: John Dawson, Barbecue Competition Champion
- Soak cedar planks in warm water for about two hours, making sure they stay submerged.
- About 30 minutes before cooking, start your grill and prepare for direct cooking over a medium-hot fire (375-400º).
- Cut salmon filet in half width-wise.
- Season both sides of each half lightly with salt and pepper and brush with a light coat of oil. Place each half of the filet on a cedar plank with the skin-side down.
- Place planks on the grill directly over the coals/flame and close the lid. Cook until a milky white edge forms near the thick end of the filets (about 20 minutes at 375º).
- Brush the top of each filet with a liberal coating of the glaze. Continue cooking for another five minutes.
- Brush with glaze again. Continue cooking for another five minutes, then remove the planks to a sheet pan.
- Portion the filets and drizzle each with glaze. Serve and enjoy!